Thursday, December 4, 2008

Things that make you go hmm...

Here are some interesting ads that I found on the web. The messages that come across in these ads are things we've been talking about all semester. Needless to say, there is nothing subliminal about these ads. The sexual images are right there in the open.





















Here we have kind of the 1950's housewife image. I'm guessing her place was in the kitchen and dear old hubby here is mad about not having his dinner ready when he came home from work, or maybe she said something independent for a change. What gets me is her facial expression-it doesn't quite look like one of pain but almost one of pleasure.


I'm not really familiar with the drink Tab but I'm guessing it's like an energy drink. So let me try to figure this out...Tab gave her the energy last night to master faking it???? This is just my guess. What I'm confused about is the handbag relationship to Tab.

For some reason when I saw this ad I instantly thought of Sex and the City, particularly the Samantha Jones character. There was an episode where she wanted to buy a fake bag from the back of a truck but Carrie refused saying that it made her feel bad for the bags. She actually felt bad for the bags-funny. But anywho I had to add that thought even though it had nothing to do with the ad at all.






This image just speaks for itself. With Skyy being such a large alcohol distributor you would think the Skyy logo would be just a little bit larger. Instead its an advertisement for oral sex. The man overpowers the woman not allowing her the chance to even get up and turn him away. And who wears a suit to the beach??? I'm guessing he's supposed to be a representation of a high-powered corporate guy which we all know have the sort of Donald Trump ego.




















What would she do for a Klondike bar??? That's what I hear in my head when I see this.




















I get it that the espresso is the product here but I must say first looking at this it's hard to tell, just like all the other ads. I thought maybe the airline was the product. Nope-just an espresso brand to keep you energized on an airplane when you'd probably rather relax.
















































































No comments: